While your ERP system helps to keep business data and information organized, you need a tool that can help you track, manage, and organize work to ensure teams are completing projects on time. Introducing Microsoft Lists, a new information tracking tool by Microsoft.
Designed to replace SharePoint Lists, this new tool has optimized many of SharePoint’s existing features for further organization and flexibility. Below, we’ll take a deeper dive into Lists and its features and discuss how it can benefit your team.
The Information Tracking Tool Helping You Do More
To help you better keep track of the large amounts of data coming into your business each day, Lists provides your team with a seamless way of tracking information. You can easily manage inventory, contacts, routines, and issues using customizable templates and views. Lists also features rules and alerts to notify your team of any important information or changing deadlines. As a Microsoft application, you’ll enjoy the same tight security and enterprise-ready compliance available with other Microsoft tools.
If you’re wondering how Lists is different from Microsoft ToDo, the key difference is that ToDo is a free application available to anyone and is a much more simple tool than Lists. Additionally, Lists is available only to those paying for a Microsoft 365 plan.
Features Available within Lists
Within Lists, you’ll enjoy the following features:
- Pre-made templates available on both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Intelligent views, rules, alerts, and notifications to keep everyone connected.
- Native integration that can be embedded within a channel.
- The ability to specify choices, construct views, create rules, and share links that can be viewed throughout your organization.
- Seamless integration with Power Platform, including workflows and list forms.
- Make new lists or import an existing one from Excel.
- Select favorite tasks from a list and access them from anywhere.
- Generate individual lists that can be shared company-wide.
- Create alerts, rules, and reminders to keep teams on task.
Lists is an information tracking tool that packs several tools into one, creating one efficient, flexible, and powerful application. The application also requires very little coding knowledge to use.
Four Smart Views for Better Workload Management
Within Lists, you’ll have access to four views: gallery, calendar, grid, and list:
- Gallery: If you know you’re going to be working on a task that is very image-heavy (i.e. approving a series of images for a website design or cover photo for a magazine), the gallery view allows you to arrange information and data around the image in organized rows.
- Calendar: With the calendar view, team members are able to see exactly when tasks or projects are due. This ensures that work is completed on time and keeps everyone on-task.
- Grid: This is the default view when you start creating tasks or lists. Information is arranged in rows and columns that can be moved or edited quickly and easily.
- List: This view is similar to the grid view. All information is displayed in rows or columns similar to SharePoint Lists. However, list view does not currently have point and click capabilities.
Along with these views, you can use additional tools for further customization and organization. For example, Lists features color coding tools that can be used to denote priority or which team is responsible for a task. You could color an item or task that your writing team is working on in blue and have it change to red when it’s passed to editors for review.
Comments can also be color coded depending on the needs of your team or the specific task. If a customer has a question or concern about an item, you could color it orange. To alert staff of changes to a task or new deadline, shade it red. With color coding, everyone stays connected and tasks move smoothly down the workflow.
Enjoy Customized Support from JourneyTEAM
Setting up Lists isn’t complicated. To access it, simply select the application from within Microsoft 365. Click on the left-hand menu bar and select it from the list of additional applications. That’s it! You can now start creating and customizing lists.
As you begin working with Lists, you may have questions about its features, Power Automate integration, or customization. When these questions arise, contact JourneyTEAM. We provide customized support to fit the exact needs of your team. Whether you have a few questions about Lists features or need step-by-step assistance with customization, we can help. Talk to your JourneyTEAM representative today to see how to get the most out of Lists.
CLICK HERE – To see full article
We are consultants that can help make Microsoft Lists a reality! Visit our website to find out more, or call us now at 800.439.6456.
Article by: Dave Bollard – Head of Marketing | 801-436-6636
JourneyTEAM is an award-winning consulting firm with proven technology and measurable results. They take Microsoft products; Dynamics 365, SharePoint intranet, Office 365, Azure, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, AX, and modify them to work for you. The team has expert level, Microsoft Gold certified consultants that dive deep into the dynamics of your organization and solve complex issues. They have solutions for sales, marketing, productivity, collaboration, analytics, accounting, security and more. www.journeyteam.com
The post The Latest Information Tracking Tool from Microsoft: Lists – – Formerly SharePoint Lists appeared first on ERP Software Blog.